Basic Confidentiality Policy Where personal information is required to use or interact with the Sites, it is our policy that this information – such as your name, postal or email addresses, or telephone number — is private and confidential. The personal information you provide to SMB is stored in a secure location, accessible only by appropriate staff, and is used for the purposes set forth in this policy, such as to reply to a question or to send requested materials.
1. Personal information
"Personal information" is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, or email address. The SMB collects and stores the personal information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your personal information on the Sites:
- We will collect your first and last name, email address, and postal address when you become a member and sign up to receive information from the SMB;
- We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question;
- We may collect your first and last name, date of birth and email address if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes;
- We may collect your first and last name, postal address and billing information if you make a purchase through our Sites; and
- We may collect your device ID number when you interact with the Sites using a mobile device.
2. Non-Personal information
“Non-Personal information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender, ZIP code or other geolocation data, or interests. Non-personal information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the non-personal information that is collected via the Sites and a description of how this information is used:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses — Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data — such as the webpages you view. We use this information to deliver our webpages to you upon request, to tailor our Sites to the interests of our users and to measure traffic within our Sites.
Cookies contain data about the user’s activities on the website, and can be used by Web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either "persistent" or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie will remain valid until its set expiration date (unless deleted by the user). A session cookie will expire at the end of the user session, when the Web browser is closed.
Google Analytics Advertising Features SMB has Implemented SMB uses the certain Google Analytics Advertising Features, which contain cookies. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. SMB follows the Google Analytics policy requirements found at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2700409, which are incorporated herein by reference. The specific Google Analytics Advertising Features that SMB uses include only the following: Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and Integrated Services that require google analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and identifiers. SMB does not use the Google remarketing features. You can opt out of the foregoing Google Analytics Advertising Features by following the instructions at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
SMB websites use the information we obtain from people’s use of our website through cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) for the following purposes:
- To recognize the user’s computer when the user visits the website.
- To track some user actions during website navigation.
- To improve the website’s usability.
- To analyze the use of the website.
- To administer the website.
- To report click-through data to our advertisers.
- To share website user information with our third party vendors.
They may use the information obtained from these cookies:
- To track users browsing across multiple websites.
- To build profiles of users’ Web surfing.
- To target advertisements that may be of particular interest to users.
- In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools," "Internet Options," "Privacy," and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.
- In Firefox, you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools," "Options," and un-checking "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box.
- In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking "Options," "Under the hood" and Content Settings in the "Privacy" section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- In Safari, you can block cookies by clicking “Preferences,” selecting the “Privacy” tab and “Block cookies.”
Deleting cookies Users can also delete cookies already stored on their computers:
- In Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files.
- In Firefox, you can delete cookies by first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you "clear private data" (this setting can be changed by clicking "Tools," "Options" and "Settings" in the "Private Data" box) and then clicking "Clear private data" in the "Tools" menu.
- In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking "Options," "Under the hood," and Content Settings in the "Privacy" section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- In Safari, you can delete cookies by clicking “Preferences,” selecting the "Privacy" tab and selecting "Remove All Website Data." Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
- Web Beacons (also known as "clear gifs," "Web bugs" or "pixel tags") —"Web Beacons" are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, Web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages.
- Demographic Information — "Demographic Information" may be your gender, age, ZIP code or geolocation data, and/or interests, which you voluntarily provide to us on the Sites. We use this information to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure the information provided by the Sites meets your needs. Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be non-personal information. The above list provides an example of the non-personal information that is collected via the Sites.
1. Personal information We use your personal information that is collected on the Sites primarily for the following purposes:
- To deliver services, such as educational programs, information or newsletters you request or purchase;
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from SMB or other third parties or to forward promotional materials;
- To process your order and, if necessary, to contact you regarding the status of your order;
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
- To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To contact you regarding additional services and features;
- To request your feedback about your experience with SMB;
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites.
Non-personal information is used as described above and in other was as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personal information with personal information.
- To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you choose to download information through the Sites, we may share your personal information in order to provide the information to you. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. Also, if you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your personal information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion. This means that we may share the information for prize fulfillment purposes or mail carriers. We also may share your information with the co-sponsor of that promotion.
- To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your personal information for research, administrative and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use your personal information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes. If you do not want us to share your personal information in this manner, please do not provide us with this information.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on SMB’s behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personal information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Sites will have access to users' personal information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any personal information to us.
- To complete your purchase. If you choose to make a purchase on the Sites, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personal information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of SMB and its family of Sites or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
The SMB may also permit advertisers, third party ad networks or other advertising companies to serve advertisements on the Sites. Please be advised that such advertising companies may gather information about your visit to the Sites or other sites (such as through cookies, Web beacons and other technologies) to enable such advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which Web pages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY SUCH ADVERTISING COMPANIES.
Forums, Chat Rooms and Other Public Posting Areas Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you don't want people to know your e-mail address, for example, don't include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS